For Use in Pole Licensing, Make Ready and Construction of Western MA Last Mile Networks
Procurement Type: RFQ
Procurement Number: 2016-MBI-01
Date Issued: August 18, 2015
Date Due: Rolling
MBI is soliciting responses from qualified contractors (“Respondents”) to perform Pole Data Collection Services and to draft utility applications for utility poles, guys, and other existing attachments located in western and north central Massachusetts. These collections are proposed to be used in connection with the development, procurement and construction of approximately 2040 miles of Last Mile Networks. Multiple Last Mile Networks are proposed to be built in western and north central Massachusetts with $40 million of state funds. The submissions of all Respondents shall be compared and evaluated pursuant to the evaluation criteria set forth in this RFQ, and MBI expects that multiple Respondents will be deemed qualified to perform these services.
Mass Tech Collaborative will be the contracting entity on behalf of the MBI. For the purposes of this RFQ (and except where the specific context warrants otherwise), the MBI and Mass Tech Collaborative are collectively referred to as Mass Tech Collaborative.
This initiative provides an exciting opportunity for firms with experience surveying utility poles and collecting data required for aerial fiber optic network construction to support the Mass Tech Collaborative in the development of state-of-the-art FTTP networks that will spur economic development throughout western and central Massachusetts. The networks will bring broadband services to the residents of up to 44 underserved towns in western and north central Massachusetts. Through this RFQ, the Mass Tech Collaborative hopes to identify commercial firms that can offer creative solutions, highlighting satisfactory completion of the services on time and within budget.
- August 18, 2015: Request for Qualifications Issued
- August 26, 2015: Bidders Conference Registration Deadline
- August 28, 2015: Bidders Conference
- September 2, 2105: Questions Due
- September 9, 2105: Answers to Questions Posted
- September 17, 2015 3:00pm EDT: Responses Due (After this date, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and evaluated periodically.)
- RFQ Information and Requirements (includes information and required bid documents; Revised: 9/9/2015)
- Attachment A (Last Mile pole data collection form; Excel spreadsheet)
- Addendum 1 (Added: 9/9/2015)
- Addendum 2 (Added: 9/17/2015)
- Question and Answer Document (Added: 9/9/2015)
- Cornell Robinson, Procurement Team Leader