Procurement Type: RFP
RFP Number: 2017-MBI-01
Date Issued: September 14, 2016
Responses Due: October 20, 2016 by 3:00 PM
Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (“Mass Tech Collaborative”), on behalf of Massachusetts Broadband Institute, is issuing this Request for Proposals for Design and Engineering Support Services for the Last Mile Network (RFP No. 2017-MBI-01) (the “RFP”) to solicit responses from qualified contractors (“Respondents”) with experience in design and engineering Last Mile networks (e.g. Fiber-to-the-Premise (FTTP), fixed wireless networks). Respondents will be competing in an open and competitive procurement to provide the design, project management, project support, and consulting services set forth herein (the “Services”). The submissions of Respondents shall be compared and evaluated pursuant to the evaluation criteria set forth in this RFP, and a single Respondent shall be selected for the multi-year engagement.
Mass Tech Collaborative’s main objective is to develop solutions to offer broadband access for households and businesses that maximize the impact of limited public resources, leverage other sources of funding (to the extent necessary and appropriate), and promote economic growth in the region.
Most of the Last Mile Networks will constitute the installation of new fiber optic cables attached to existing utility poles. Mass Tech Collaborative plans to oversee the construction of up to 1869 miles of new fiber optic cabling in western Massachusetts with approximately 24,123 homes being passed based upon current desk top town model estimates. Mass Tech Collaborative anticipates that the Last Mile network may consist of multiple FTTP Gigabit-capable Passive Optical Network (GPON), Active Ethernet (AE) and fixed wireless networks or a combination thereof. Some of the towns will likely form public-private partnerships and therefore the aggregate number of route miles and homes passed from all MBI-manage projects will be reduced accordingly.
- September 14, 2016: Request for Proposals Issued
- September 26, 2016: Mandatory Bidders’ Conference at 1:00 PM
- September 29, 2016: Deadline for Questions
- October 7, 2016: Answers to Questions
- October 20, 2016: Responses Due by 3:00 PM
- November 8, 2016: Finalist Notification
- November 14-15, 2016: Finalist Interviews
- Request For Proposals (RFP)
- RFP Attachment C (Price Proposal)
- RFP Attachment F (Town Information)
- RFP Attachment H (D/E Responsibilities Flowchart)
- Form of Design Services Agreement
- Questions and Answers Document (Uploaded 10/7/2016)
- Addendum #1 (Uploaded 10/17/2016)
- Todd Corcoran, Procurement Team Leader