Procurement Type: RFP
RFP Number: 2017-MBI-03
Date Issued: March 31, 2017
Responses Due: May 1, 2017 by 3:00 PM
Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (“Mass Tech Collaborative”), on behalf of Massachusetts Broadband Institute, is issuing this Request for Proposals for an operator of the MassBroadband 123 network (RFP No. 2017-MBI-03) (the “RFP”). MBI’s primary objective is to obtain responses from qualified companies interested in taking over responsibility for operating the approximately 1,200 mile fiber optic MassBroadband 123 network in western and north central Massachusetts. The RFP describes a comprehensive array of operational services and functions to be provided by a successful Respondent that is modeled on MBI’s relationship with the incumbent operator.
The selected Respondent will maintain and operate the Network as a commercial operation on behalf of the MBI. MBI built the Network to provide reliable broadband internet access for a broad array of critical community anchor institutions in the Network service area, to serve as a platform to promote economic growth in the region, and to facilitate solutions for municipalities without broadband internet access. MBI intends that the Network will be operated to serve these goals, and the Network Operator Agreement will reflect these priorities.
- March 31, 2017: Request for Proposals issued
- Aprill 11, 2017: Deadline for registering for Bidders Conference at 3:00 PM, register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 12, 2017: Mandatory Bidders Conference at 11:00 AM
- April 14, 2017: Deadline for all questions and clarification inquiries due at 5:00 PM, submitted by e-mail to email@example.com
- April 20, 2017: Answers to Respondents questions will be posted
- May 1, 2107: Complete responses due by 3:00 p.m.
- Request For Proposals (RFP)
- Bidders Conference Presentation (posted April 14, 2017)
- RFP Addendum #1 (posted April 20,2017)
- Questions and Answers Document (posted April 20, 2017)
- David Charbonneau, Procurement Team Leader