BEAD Challenge Process
MBI is dedicated to ensuring everyone across the Commonwealth has access to reliable and affordable internet service. The BEAD Challenge Process is one part of ensuring that all residents have the ability to connect to the internet.
The BEAD Challenge Process is open to:
- Local governments
- Tribal governments
- Nonprofit organizations
- Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
Individual consumers are prohibited by federal rules from directly submitting challenges to MBI. However, individuals will be able to participate in the BEAD Challenge Process by following specific guidelines and submitting their challenges through an eligible entity. More information will be provided.
Mark your calendars for later this spring when MBI will launch the Challenge Process.
- Challenge Submission Period (30 days): This is your opportunity to submit challenges.
- ISPs Rebuttal Period (30 days): ISPs have 30 days to respond and provide their perspective.
- Adjudication Period (60 days): MBI will take 60 days to review all challenges and make informed decisions.
- Submission: Once the adjudication is complete, MBI will submit the challenges to the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA).
In total, the BEAD Challenge Process spans 120 days, working towards a more connected and accessible Massachusetts. Your involvement is key to shaping the future of broadband in the Commonwealth.
Please bookmark this page and subscribe to our email newsletter for updates. More information will be announced this Spring!